1. Find a quiet space to walk
This doesn’t have to be outside — anywhere peaceful will do.
2. Start walking at your normal pace
with your hands placed wherever they are comfortable.
3. Notice the rhythm of your body —
lifting your feet, the movement of your legs, the side-to-side shift. Try to focus completely on the sensation and movements of walking.
4. Take in your environment —
be safe and aware.
5. Become conscious of the sounds that surround you
without labeling them or judging them. Repeat this step for the smells around you, and then for the objects and colors.
6. Sustain this cognizance
of everything around you.
7. As you prepare to finish
your meditation, focus again on the sensation and movement of walking.
8. Stand still for a few moments.
Remember the sense of consciousness you just felt and try to apply it throughout the rest of the day.